Side hustles are a great way to earn extra cash on a flexible schedule. No matter how much spare time you have, there is an opportunity for everyone to make extra money doing something you enjoy.
The key to a fun and lucrative side hustle is matching your preferences to the work. Take time to consider how much time you have to spare, how much interaction you prefer, and how much money you’re hoping to earn.
Do the Hustle!
There is a side hustle for everyone! We hope the ideas below give you some inspiration.
- It’s easy to earn a little extra cash by selling things you are no longer using. Upcycle your gently used clothing on sites like The Real Real, Poshmark, and thredUP. Household and collector’s items can be posted to eBay or Etsy.
- Small business owners, as well as individuals, can sell new, certified refurbished, and gently used items in more than 20 categories on Amazon. According to their website, more than 50% of total unit sales come from third-party sellers/businesses!
- Driving for ride-sharing programs like Uber and Lyft is an ideal side hustle as you can work only when it is convenient for your schedule.
- Be a hero to busy families and homebound seniors while getting paid to shop for companies like Instacart and Shipt.
- DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Postmates are just a few of the companies delivering food these days. Still, they are the ones reporting the highest incomes for delivery drivers.
- Combine your love for the outdoors with your side hustle by becoming a coach for a local youth sports league, lifeguarding during the summer months, or working as a dog-walker in your neighborhood.
- Many teachers look for extra work during the summer months. Specialized options range from tutoring a few students, to teaching a college course as an adjunct professor with companies like Tutor.com, TutorMe, Studypool, and Chegg.com.
- Use your skills! Have a unique skill like graphic design, copywriting, or programming? Try marketing your skills on sites like Fiverr and freelance in your free time.
Whether you are paying off debt, saving for a major purchase, or even planning a vacation, a side hustle is an easy way to make extra cash and advance your savings goals. Best of all, when you turn your passion into a business, it won’t feel like work!
Sallie Mae does not provide, and these materials are not meant to convey, financial, tax, or legal advice. Consult your own attorney or tax advisor about your specific circumstances.
External links and third-party references are provided for informational purposes only. Sallie Mae cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by any third parties, and Sallie Mae assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained therein. Any copyrights, trademarks, and/or service marks used in these materials are the property of their respective owners.